Welcome

Welcome to Blankenship Harrelson, LLP! Our goal is to keep you updated on the latest family law topics and helpful information as research and information comes across our desks. Let us know how we can help you.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My spouse and I are getting a divorce and s/he has threatened to take my only means of transportation. What can I do?

A motion for a temporary restraining order can be filed with the Court. This is commonly referred to as a TRO. The Court can enter an order restraining your husband/wife from taking your vehicle; however, this does not guarantee that they will comply with the TRO.

If you are having similar issues in your divorce, you will most likely need to contact an attorney about how to handle it. If I can help in any way, please give me a call. -James Fancher (205)912-8247
Blankenship Harrelson, LLP

No comments:

Post a Comment