Welcome

Welcome to Blankenship Harrelson, LLP! Our goal is to keep you updated on the latest family law topics and helpful information as research and information comes across our desks. Let us know how we can help you.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Ex wants to choose my child's school. Who has the final say?

My ex-husband/wife wants our children to go to a private school, but I would like them to go to a public school.  Who has the final say so if we disagree?

Parents should always try to make decisions based on their children's best interests.  If you are unable to come to a joint decision the party with primary physical custody will have the final say.  There are divorce decrees that will specify which parent has the final say in certain areas of their children's lives, such as education, health care, and religion. 


Give me a call if you have questions about this.  JDF (205) 912-8247

No comments:

Post a Comment