Welcome

Welcome to Blankenship Harrelson, LLP! Our goal is to keep you updated on the latest family law topics and helpful information as research and information comes across our desks. Let us know how we can help you.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The judge just signed off on my divorce...When can I get married again?

You cannot remarry until 60 days after the date of the Final Judgment of Divorce. If one party appeals then you cannot remarry during the pendency of the appeal, except to each other.

When is my divorce final?
A divorce is final after 30 days have past from the date the Judgment of Divorce was entered.

How long do I have to appeal my divorce?
You have 42 days from the date on the Judgment of Divorce.

If you have questions about divorce, please let me know.
JDF (205)912-8247

No comments:

Post a Comment